Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I will get back to you.

I’ve been on a journey to unlock data from my implantable defibrillator for over two years now. While I’ve had quite a few successes, nothing compares with the overwhelmingly positive response received after a video of my talk at TEDxCambridge went live last week.

It was followed by an interview with Brooke Gladstone of NPR’s “On the Media” in which she asked: “Who owns the data from inside your body”?

These two developments caused my inbox to overflow with offers from hackers (listen to the interview) and emails from NPR listeners from the UK, Canada, and the entire U.S.

I was unprepared for such an overwhelming response. So, if you’re one of the people who wrote to me, please know what I will get back to you in time.

This has been a wild and unexpected ride, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

No comments: